Subject: Re: qmail from pkgsrc
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/31/2002 18:22:39
On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> > Also, although I don't have sendmail installed on this box, the
> > /usr/sbin/sendmail file also exists, so I'm wondering if it wasn't
> > installed by the pkgsrc.
>
> I never installed qmail and hence may be wrong here but sendmail is,
> AFAIK, part of the NetBSD distribution

/usr/sbin/sendmail is a symlink to mailwrapper(8) which uses
/etc/mailer.conf to choose what sendmail replacement you want (or the
real thing).

Also see the mailer.conf(5) manual.

The mailer.conf can be configured so sendmail really uses
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail. And mailq to use qmail-qstat (even though it has
different format). (It seems like the package should include sample
mailer.conf.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/