Subject: Re: qmail from pkgsrc
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/31/2002 18:41:28
"Keith Mastin" <kmastin@beechtree.ca> wrote:

> Installing qmail, going by the instructions in Life With Qmail.
[...]
> I might just forget about pkgsrc and install from sources. This isn't
> working.

I doubt that Life With Qmail has anything to say about installing qmail with
pkgsrc, and suspect that it'd be more confusing than helpful to try to mix
the two.

If you've never installed qmail before, I'd recommend that you follow Life
With Qmail to the letter (which means not installing qmail from pkgsrc).
There are lots of people on qmail mailing lists who are familiar with those
instructions and will be able to help you if something goes wrong.

Later on, when you understand qmail better, you may find it expedient to use
qmail from pkgsrc. (I hope to have improved the package a bit by then, too.)

- Amitai