Subject: Re: HEADS UP (Re: 1.5.x openssl problems)
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/30/2002 15:41:45
On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Martti Kuparinen wrote:

> I had problems with with my IMAP server and it turned out to be
> references to the old _and_ new openssl libs at the same time.
> I noticed this by running "ldd /usr/pkg/cyrus/bin/imapd".
>
> Solution:
>
> # cd /usr/lib
> # tar cfz /var/tmp/lib.tgz libssl.so.1* ibcrypto.so.0*
> # rm -f libssl.so.1* ibcrypto.so.0*
> [ rebuild all pkgsrc applications which depend on OpenSSL ]

Removing libcrypto.so.0 might now be good solution after all, I had
to rebuilt the operating system as well as e.g. su didn't work any more.

That said, USE THE ABOVE WITH YOUR OWN RISK!

Martti

---
Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>      NetBSD - No media hype
http://www.iki.fi/kuparine/                     http://www.netbsd.org/