Subject: Re: maybe wrong list: problem with netbsd on a sparc
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: joerch <helix@mayn.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/29/2002 20:05:29
> > > do you have the cable plugged-in all the time?  some machines tend to
> > > send BREAK when they are powered on or off, so your SS2 might catch it
> > > and drop into OBP.
> >
> > hmm yes i have the serial cable plugged in the whole time and shutdown
> > the pc, running freebsd, down because it is very loud and very warm
> > because of its hardware.
> >
> 	That can make the sun think that break has been pressed on the
> 	serial console and drop into the prom. Does this match what
> 	you are seeing?

yes this is what is happening to my suns, it is not nice to see things
like this happen, but it is nice that it is happening and not that
my hardware is going to die ;)

now i must think about a workaround for my network here, we will see.

thanks to all for help.

now my "new" ss5 is getting netbsd ;)

another question is:

are there some 24bit graphiccards for a ss5 available ?
are they supported by netbsd and what are the names of the cards ?

--
gruesse

joerg "joerch" buechner

http://www.home.mayn.de/helix