Subject: Re: pppoe default route
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Milos Negovanovic <milosn@xtra.co.nz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/29/2002 09:19:16
Hi again,

yes it was problem with IPF rules. My original rule-set was to big for
any modifications in trial/error style so I've replaced it with simple
one:

block in quick on ppp0 all
pass out quick on ppp0 proto tcp/udp from 192.168.0.0/24 to any keep state
pass out quick on ppp0 proto icmp from 192.168.0.0/24 to any keep state

... which didn't work. The router box was still blocked.

Then i tried this one:

block in quick on ppp0 all
pass out quick on ppp0 proto tcp/udp from any to any keep state
pass out quick on ppp0 proto icmp from any to any keep state

... this one did work, but it also left me puzzled :) since Ive never
had this kinda problem with iptables (the box was running Linux before).
Basically, whats the address of NetBSD box here? It obviously is not a
member of 192.168.0.0/24.

My concern over kernel-pppoe and 3ComDualLink comes because of the fact
that this little thing uses some strange 3Com version of pppoe, and
rp-pppoe is addressing this with additional "-f 3c12:3c13 -S ISP" flag sent
to pppd.

Regards
Milos