Subject: Re: pppoe default route
To: netbsd-help@netbsd.org, Milos Negovanovic <milosn@xtra.co.nz>
From: Joe Reed <jnr@po.cwru.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/28/2002 11:02:47
On Tuesday 27 August 2002 07:22 pm, Milos Negovanovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am trying to set up NetBSD as a router/gateway on my home network:
>
> Internet --- 3 Com DualLink ADSl Modem --- rtk0 --- NetBSD --- rtk1 ---
> Home Network
>
> rp-pppoe-3.3 connects alright, sets default route, and everything works
> great on PC's on my network (NAT configured), but NetBSD box itself cant
> access Internet at all. I get "no route to host" and "host not accessible"
> errors. resolv.conf is configured properly.
>
> Any ideas?

you may want to double check that your ipnat and ipfilter rules aren't
blocking packets originating from the local machine.  i've only used the
in-kernel pppoe of -current though so if you have the time/inclination, you
may want to just use that one. (i've used 1.5ZA, 1.6{A,C}with the in-kernnel
pppoe without problem at all)

> Also, anyone tried to drive 3 Com DualLink with kernel-pppoe?
it's been my experience that 3-com nearly always works (90%+).  i'd imagine
you'll have no problems.

--joe