Subject: Re: NetBSD samba-2.2.5 \\Brutus not accessible
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/27/2002 17:26:55
>On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Keith Mastin wrote:
>
>> >But I don't think Samba is built with libwrap support. (And your example
>
>Again, I think your Samba is not built with libwrap support. I believe
>that check_access message is referring to Samba's own access setup.

So how do I enable libwrap support? I didn't have the pleasure of running
./config --with-libwrap when I installed from pkgsrc :)

What books on all this stuff do you recommend? I'm pretty good at running
and adminning RH linux, but it's obvious I don't know squat about NetBSD.

>So check your "hosts deny", "hosts allow" ("allow hosts") and related
>configuration settings.
>
>And use testparm(1) to test your host access.

I did test parm... everything checked out ok.

Thnaks again for your input and time. It is appreciated.
--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca