Subject: RE: s/mndb is not set properly
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Michael D. Spence <spence@panix.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/26/2002 14:15:16

When I installed samba, the startup stuff was placed in /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d
(as was the startup script for apache).  I just copied these into
/etc/rc.d and did the rc.conf change.

Maybe someone could comment on why these don't get placed into
/etc/rc.d by make install, or why the rc startup stuff doesn't look there.

> PS... I don't do reboots. Please don't tell me I have to reboot... :)

I don't think you do, but I'm far from an expert on NetBSD.  I think you
can just do /etc/rc.d/samba start (if you've moved the samba script).

Michael D. Spence
Mockingbird Data Systems, Inc.