Subject: Re: s/mndb is not set properly
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/26/2002 14:01:27
>>On setting up samba, and I run into a strange error. I'm posting it here
>>because I have samba running on a few other (linux) machines, a search of
>>the archives returned nothing similar, and same with the samba archives at
>>the aimsgroup site. I consulted the mans for all the daemon and the conf
>>file, looked for but did not find the DIAGNOSES.txt file on this server.
>>
>>This is not a problem with shares, it is a problem with daemon processes.
>>
>>When I do /etc/rc.d/samba start
>>/etc/rc.d/nmdb: WARNING: $nmdb is not set properly
>>/etc/rc.d/smdb: WARNING: $smdb is not set properly

Andrew, Jeremy, Lubomir...
Thanks for the tip... and the really fast responses. Something else must
be either broken or left undone if the solution was suppposed to be that
simple, because it still didn't fix the problem... still getting the same
message return.

I checked the rc.conf file after echo'ing nmdb and smdb=YES to it. Do I
somehow have to resource the run control processes also?

From what I gather from man rc.conf, the rc.conf file is sourced at system
startup. It makes sense that the system will also source this file on
services, but apparently it's not.

PS... I don't do reboots. Please don't tell me I have to reboot... :)

Thanks again

--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca