Subject: DRI on xfree 4.2.0
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?C=E9sar=20Catri=E1n?= <cesar_catrian@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/24/2002 23:25:53
Hi.

I have 1.6 and xfree 4.2.0 . I want to enable DRI but
libdri.a and libdrm.a does not exist.
Later, I downloaded those modules from
dri.sourceforge.net, and then try to load it. DRI
loads ok but:

Symbol xf86RemoveSIGIOHandler from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdrm.a is
unresolved!
Symbol xf86InstallSIGIOHandler from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdrm.a is
unresolved!

glxinfo, then, tells me that Direct Rendering is off.
so, I ask myself (and you of course =), if the DRI
module is included or not in the netbsd release of
xfree 4.2.0.

Note: I have included it as an option too, under
"Device" section:
Option "DRI"
but it does not work.

What can I do to enjoy my hardware acceleration?

thanks!

César Catrián C.