Subject: lpd (/usr/sbin/lpd) and apsfilter
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <dbonnafo@algol.dyndns.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/23/2002 16:43:09
Hi,

I need to setup lpd with apsfilter under netBSD 1.5.2.

The printer is a local one and there is no problem when I send a
local job to lpd (apsfilter works well)

But... there is a problem when lpd receive a remote job.

In the FAC of apsfilter :

Q: I get "permission denied" errors for some file cf...!
A: That's a classic FAQ :) Far too many lpd installations suffer from wrong
permissions or non-matching user/group ID settings which prevent apsfilter
from reading that control file. All I can say is: LPRng doesn't have that
problem.

I notice that when lpd receive a local job, the cf... file is own by
daemon:wheel:rw-rw---- but when it's a remote job by
root:wheel:rw-rw----.

Can you help me ? (I don't want to install LPRng if possible !)

thank you.

David Bonnafous
FRANCE.