Subject: Re: Help with the FAT 32 extended and console swithing... MY LAN
To: Anont - Valqk <valqk@lozenetz.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/22/2002 12:42:26
On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Anont - Valqk wrote:

> there is no resolv.conf and I dunno if I cant put one...

echo "nameserver your.nameserver.ip.here" > /etc/resolv.conf

> oh and else... how can I install the compat/linux... so I can compile

Use the "suse_compat" package.

> a linux apps?

I have never built Linux binaries on a BSD system. You'll have to use gcc
as a cross-compiler.

> And something else... is there kind of autoconfigure tool to configure
> my X or I have to write the whole file manually?

XFree86 3.3.x, use xf86config or XF86Setup package.

For XFree86 4.x.x, use "XFree86 --configure" or xf86cfg.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/