Subject: Re: pkgsrc fubar... how to apply a patch?
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/22/2002 01:54:08
On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 08:38:55AM +0200, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> I don't see why you can't put the source in /usr/pkg/src.  I admit
> that I've never tried to do it, but I have a number of different
> pkgsrc trees checked out, all in different places.  Why is
> /usr/pkg/src special?

It's my fault.  It's because of how buildlink (buildlink1, actually,
since buildlink2 is starting to hit the main trunk) substitutes
${BUILDLINK_DIR} for /usr/pkg or whatever LOCALBASE is set to.  This is
fixable, but is low priority since I believe I fixed this in buildlink2,
and I'm going to convert all of the packages that currently use
buildlink1 to use buildlink2 instead.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>