Subject: Re: I have a problem with the lan card.
To: Anton - Valqk <valqk@lozenetz.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/21/2002 11:03:49
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Anton - Valqk wrote:

>   It is NE2000 compatible (IBM something, ISA, IRQ=9 IO=0x340) but the
>   GENERIC kernel do not find this one... and I can't download the

Does your kernel see it all? (dmesg)

>   kernel sources to recompile .... what can I do... should the kernel
>   find the ISA card by itself or I should put something in the
>   configurations?

I think there is a way to set the IRQ and address at boot time by getting
into the -d debugger. But I haven't done it yet - although I need to try
it for my old HP-PC_LAN+ ISA card.

> Oh and something else I have only ONE conlose? Why's
>   that when I have WS_CONFIGURE="YES" and WCCONS="YES"?

It should be "wscons" (not "WCCONS").

So your /etc/rc.conf could end with:
wscons=YES

Then edit your /etc/ttys, so ttyE1, ttyE2, ttyE3 are "on" (instead of
"off").

See http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/wscons/

Sorry, I don't know about WS_CONFIGURE.

Good luck,