Subject: Re: NoobQ: pkgsrc installed apps not working
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/21/2002 13:50:03

>> >Are you sure you're not using csh or tcsh? Try "echo
>> >$SHELL"
>>
>> Bash... I'm sure
>
>Somehow, somewhere this is wrong. rehash is a csh (or similar) built-in.
>No "rehash" with bash. And as I mentioned earlier, a "make" does not
>*install*. You must have "make install"ed it. And if you're using bash
>then no rehash was needed.

You're right, it is wrong. I used rehash in the first day after the
install to get lynx to work so I could read teh README.htmkl files...
(docs didn't mention I could get the info elsewhere). I have since chsh to
bash for root and myuser...

Sorry for the confusion.
--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca