Subject: pkgsrc fubar... how to apply a patch?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/21/2002 00:57:59
Hi again. I put off writing to the list until after looking for this in
the archives, also checked the users archives.

Trying to install apache on 1.5.2, a bunch of deps that exist but are not
found have me confounded. It's the libmm issue. I did a make clean, make
and ran into the same problems. Back to the docs.

I downloaded and make fetch-list, no problems, cd'ed to www/apache, ran
make apache, which stopped at:
	Shared object "libmm.so.12" not found
	*** Error code 1

locate libmm.so.12:
	/usr/pkg/lib/libmm.so.12
	/usr/pkg/lib/libmm.so.12.21
	/usr/pkgsrc/devel/libmm/work/mm-1.2.1/.libs/libmm.so.12
	/usr/pkgsrc/devel/libmm/work/mm-1.2.1/.libs/libmm.so.12.21
	/usr/pkgsrc/www/apache/work/.buildlink/lib/libmm.so.12
	/usr/pkgsrc/www/apache/work/.buildlink/lib/libmm.so.12.21

Reading the docs, seems I might need to update the package collection.

I downloaded and untarred pkg_install-20020402.tar.gz (the one indicated
in the pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.mk file) into /usr/pkgsrc/pktools/ and did make
install:
	bash-2.05# make install
	install ===> lib
	install ===> .WAIT
	cd: can't cd to /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/.WAIT
	*** Error code 2

	Stop.

Read the Makefile:
	# $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.5 2001/01/09 03:13:43 lukem Exp $
	# Original from FreeBSD, no rcs id.

	SUBDIR=lib .WAIT add admin create delete info

	.include <bsd.subdir.mk>

List of all files in the dir shows no directory named .WAIT. I found
something on the list archives about patch-ab in
pkgtools/pkg_install/patches, but how do I apply it?

I tried just cp'ing the text from the patch into the Makefile, but all
that make or make install does is return to the prompt. I've since
returned it to it's original state.

Thanks for your help

Regards,
--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca