Subject: Re: NoobQ: pkgsrc installed apps not working
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/20/2002 14:21:31
>kmastin@beechtree.ca (Keith Mastin) wrote:
>
>> ... afterthought... is there a way to get the shell to echo back to
>> stdout after using lynx? After running lynx, the shell no longer
>> echos... I'm getting confused by all the itty bitty configurations I
>> need to do here...
>
>Yes, you can with "stty sane". This was a topic some weeks ago here. Don't
>blame NetBSD. It's Lynx fault. And maybe you just want to use Links from
>"/usr/pkgsrc/www/links" which is more user-friendly IMHO. You might
>even have a look at "/usr/pkgsrc/www/links-gui" which has the nice gimmick
>of a graphic mode, too. It doesn't really compete with Mozilla though. ;-)

:)   ...uh, no. Sorry, I've been using lynx for years as my browser of
choice, mainly becasue I'm stubborn. If someone insists on using frames,
scripts or no alt tags behind their graphics, I figure they don't have
much important to say anyway.

I also use Opera and Mozilla in gui mode, but this is a server... no gui's
allowed.

I'm going to take a close look at the lynx.cfg file on this and also on a
linux machine to see if there's a noticable difference. Some kind of
close() function call not set the same, is my guess. If I can make it
work, I'll post back here. (I'll do a more indepth search of the archives
for this while I'm at it.)

Thanks for the tip. :)

Regards,

--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca