Subject: Re: NoobQ: pkgsrc installed apps not working
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/19/2002 19:26:11
>--- Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca> wrote:
<snip>
>> ... afterthought... is there a way to get the shell
>> to echo back to stdout
>> after using lynx? After running lynx, the shell no
>> longer echos... I'm
>> getting confused by all the itty bitty
>> configurations I need to do here...
>>
>> Thanks again.
>
>That's a known issue with Lynx. Search the archives
>for much discussion on it. I think the problem is your
>terminal no longer echoes characters right? The fix
>seems to be the command "stty sane" which I think goes
>back to some known terminal setting. I believe you can
>type this while the terminal is not echoing characters
>and it will still work.
>
>Andy

Hi Andy.
It works. I'll take another gander through the archives to see if I can
figure out how to make that a default terminal setting. I can just imagine
logging back into the server a couple months from now and running into the
same issue.

Thanks for the tip. :)
--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services
Inc. 137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca