Subject: CVS ./build.sh
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.ws>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/19/2002 11:13:28
As/per recommendation, I wiped out all of /usr/src from
prior CVS and did an all new CVS. It seems to have completed
okay since it finished with a prompt sans nastygram from OS.
Now I can do and get this...

gus: {38} cd src
gus: {39} ls
CHANGES-1.5.1   Makefile.inc    etc             libexec         usr.bin
CHANGES-1.5.2   bin             games           regress         usr.sbin
CHANGES-1.5.3   crypto          gnu             sbin
CHANGES-1.5.4   dist            include         share
Makefile        distrib         lib             sys
gus: {40}

But if I try further (in other window), I get...

gus: {25} mkdir /usr/obj
gus: {26} cd /usr/src
gus: {27} ./build.sh -O /usr/obj -T /usr/tools
./build.sh: Command not found.
gus: {28}

...so in other window I tried and got...

gus: {41} find / -name "build.sh"
/usr/pkg/share/httpd/manual/style/build.sh
/usr/pkgsrc/www/apache2/work/httpd-2.0.35/docs/manual/style/build.sh
gus: {42}

...so it looks like I missed a step somewhere. But I can't
figure which one just from reading the instructions on...

http://netbsd.org/Documentation/current/

...Apache was the last thing I ran "make" on. So am thinking just
maybe I need to do similar here? Is that so? What is the step
I have missed? (I have only ever before done install or upgrad of
NetBSD by starting with "ftp" and "rawrite.exe" to make floppies.
I'm kinda lost here.)

Thanks,

Gan

 --