Subject: Re: CVS checkout question
To: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.ws>
From: Piers Hearn <endareth@spamcop.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/19/2002 11:56:33
At 09:30 19/08/2002, Gan Uesli Starling wrote:
>Am presently running NetBSD 1.5.2 and want
>to upgrade. Thought I'd try CVS. First thought
>I'd make a go with NetBSD-current, and started
>this...
># cvs checkout -P src
>But while reading the caveats I got wet feet
>and killed that. Then I thought I'd try to
>get NetBSD 1.5.3 via CVS. So I did...
># cvs checkout -rnetbsd-1-5 src

Just a quick note, but I think you'll find that you've got 1.5.4 Alpha
release now  (or whatever that branch is up to), rather than the 1.5.3 you
were expecting.

>And it is busy with the 2nd checkout right now.
>It did not object to my doing that. My question
>is: Will I be okay to proceed as if I had not
>started with "current" and then killed it? Can I
>go on after the "release" checkout is done?

Er, not sure on this one, I think it might depend on how far through the
previous checkout attempt it got. I would probably trash the src directory
before doing the 1.5 checkout.

>Thanks,
>Gan
>--