Subject: Re: NoobQ: single user mode fubar
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/18/2002 16:55:34
>On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 04:19:11PM -0400, Keith Mastin wrote:
<snip>

>> Then I tried to "set -E" so I could edit files on the command line. "No
>> entry for terminal type "dumb"; using dumb terminal settings. Then when I
>> try to vi, "vi not found".
>>
>> Then I tried to "TERM=-vt220 ; export TERM", then tried "TERM=vt100 ;
>> export TERM"... "No entry for terminal type "vt220" (or vt100); using dumb
>> terminal settings."
>
>export TERM=vt100
>has worked for me in the past in the situation you're at
>you'll need to issue that before vi will work too

So I got back into multiuser mode (thanx guys) and when the shell prompt
came up it specified vt220 as the term type. Why would that not take in
single?

Thanks again for the assistance. Much appreciated. :)
--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca