Subject: updating the package source
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: webmaster@datazap.net <webmaster@datazap.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/14/2002 21:57:35
Hi,

I have been using thttpd for sometime now, and I have been having some
problem with it. I have found a couple of solutions. First, if you are
going to have thttpd serve a reasonable number of pages you need to build
a special kernel. Both maxfiles and nmbclusters need to be raised. Could
this info be give at the end of the build?

Also, 2.20c is the last stable version of thttpd, but it was never in the
package source. Is there room enough for two versions of thttpd? (the
stable and the developement version). Also, there are a number of patches
writen to overcome some of the problems that I had with thttpd. Could the
thttpd package be updated as the new ones become availible.

I would be will to do some of the work to keep this updated if someone
could tell me who I need to contacted within the NetBSD community, and how
to create and update the packages. I am now (hopfully) working with one of
the people who wrote a number of patches for thttpd, and some of the
testing with be done on my machine. I would like to be able to provide the
updates/patches as they become available (if possible). And, if need I
would be willing to make precompile binarys for other platform. If someone
could give me instructions on how to cross-compile them.

Thanks,
Al