Subject: Re: Forking output to logfile on console app
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/14/2002 10:20:12
--- "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Andy R wrote:
>
> > If someone could point me at a way to fork off
> output
> > from an app that sits there and runs on a console,
>
> Look at tee(1). I use it all the time to both log
> output to a file while
> continuing to watch it on the console.

Hmm. Maybe I wasn't clear before. I need to log the
entire session, both input and output. I'm pretty sure
I didn't say that initially so I apologize. I think I
need a combination of script and tee for this. I tried
this:

/usr/pkg/bin/<consoleapp> | tee -a logfile

This gets all of the std out coming from the program,
but it doesn't caputure my commands that I enter
through std in... Is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

Andy