Subject: Re: pkgtools/pkg_install on sparc
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/10/2002 16:37:19
On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 13:34:07 -0400, "James K. Lowden"
<jklowden@schemamania.org> wrote:

> I'm stuck in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install, unable to compile most of
> work/pkg_install/lib/, starting with file.c.  The complaint is that
> -Werror is set

I received a suggestion offline to add "NOGCCERROR=" to /etc/mk.conf.  It
didn't work; I don't know why.  Investigation showed the logic behind the
suggestion, in /usr/share/mk/bsd.sys.mk:

.if !defined(NOGCCERROR)
CFLAGS+= -Werror
.endif

In a moment of quiet desperation, though, I tried "make -D NOGCCERROR".
That did the trick.

If anyone thinks I should send a pr on this, tell me.

--jkl