Subject: Re: Recommended USB CF Card Reader for NetBSD?
To: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/09/2002 21:19:48
--- Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr> wrote:
> Is there others Sandisk models (or from other
> brands) known to work ?

Don't get this one (yet)!

umass0: Genesys Logic, Inc. USB Storage Device, rev
1.10/1.13, addr 2

Mine is labeled as a PNY, but I believe it is pretty
generic and other companies badge it as their own as
well. Works fine under Winders, but haven't tried
Linux yet... I believe Jason was working on this if I
recall correctly. Or he responded to some notes about
it anyway. Here's the rest of the story:

umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: Genesys Logic, Inc. USB Storage Device, rev
1.10/1.13, addr 2
umass0: using SCSI over BBB-P
scsibus1 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 luns per target
scsibus1: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR

If you get this every time you boot with the device
connected, or connect the device after boot, you know
you have this one!

Andy