Subject: Re: quake2 help
To: Michael Core <520079546242-0001@t-online.de>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/07/2002 22:13:04
On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 02:06:44AM +0200, Michael Core wrote:

> AFAIK the sources of Quake II are freely available and IIRC you can
> compile it under NetBSD.

Well, sort of.  Unfortunately  it will not clean compile nor will it
function if you just nuke the compile errors.  I do have some patches
lying about which fixed up most of the issues apart from, iirc, the CD
music failed to loop - it played to the end of the track and just
stopped but that is hardly a show stopper.  Part of the work was not
done by me so I would need to get permission to release the patches
and then... well.. *cough* *shuffle* *mumble* a package maybe but it
is not high on my to do list.  Mind you, plying me with certain beery
beverages could cause a reevaluation of priorities ;-)

oh yeah, I also got the mouse wheel support into q2 which I was
pleased about.

--
Brett Lymn