Subject: RE: Bootup Messages
To: bsd-help \(E-mail\) \(E-mail\) <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Nicolas Saurbier <Nicolas.Saurbier@biodata.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/06/2002 19:58:29
Hey Guys,

forget about the whole Bootup messages thread!
I found a way:

- Use biosboot_com0.sym
- adjust the Makefile in biosboot according to the wish of your console =
speed
- Install the new biosboot_com0.sym
- edit the Kernelconfigfile
  - options         =
"CONSDEVNAME=3D\"com\"",CONADDR=3D0x3f8,CONSPEED=3D9600
    options         CONS_OVERRIDE  =20
    The lines above force the Kernel to ignore the settings of the =
bootloader
    and (in this case) take 9600baud "CONSPEED"
- make the Kernel
- reboot and Tada: no more anoying kernelmessages during startup!

Using another speed was just for testing, I think, you can also redirect
these messages to another console?!?!? And the best about this solution,
if you want to see the messages, just adjust your Terminal-programm to =
9600baud
and you see the hole crap.

Greetz Nic