Subject: Re: perl warning
To: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <Bjoern.Labitzke@t-online.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/05/2002 22:43:43
Hello...

* Bang Jun-Young (junyoung@mogua.com) Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 11:57:53PM +0900:
> On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 11:38:42PM +0900, Shigeki UNO wrote:
> > Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@mogua.com> writes:
> > | perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
> > | perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
> > | 	LC_ALL = (unset),
> > | 	LANG = "ko_KR.eucKR"
> > |     are supported and installed on your system.
> > | perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
> >
> >  .cshrc       setenv  PERL_BADLANG ""
> >  .bashrc      export PERL_BADLANG=""

There is a better solution. At least it works for me with German. The
trick was to NOT set LANG, because perl seems to complain always, if
that is set. If you want local messages, set LC_MESSAGES and LC_CTYPE.
I have them set to de_DE.ISO8859-1 and no LANG variable and everything
works as it should (German umlauts where I need them, German messages,
etc.) And perl does not complain.

(BTW: I posted the solution to either the users- or tech-users-list
some weeks ago.)

HTH,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <bcsl@gmx.de>
   Use GPG! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)