Subject: NetBSD 1.5.3 as a SMB client
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: SAR <sar@computer.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/02/2002 18:36:54
Hi,

I've been trying to set up a NetBSD 1.5.3 system as an SMB
client.  So far, it's not working.

I installed net/samba from pkgsrc, updated from CVS this
morning.  It installed man pages for smbmount, but not the
smbmount executable.

I dug through the NetBSD help mail archives and found some
messages about using "mount -t smbfs" as an alternative to
smbmount.  When I try that, I receive and error message:
"mount_smbfs" not found for <mountpoint>", where <mountpoint> is
the local directory I want the file system mounted at.

I'm guessing I have to build smbfs support into the kernel.  Is
this correct, or is there an easier way?

Thanks!  Have a good one!
---
SAR
sar@computer.org