Subject: RE: promiscuous mode on ex1???
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Nicolas Saurbier <Nicolas.Saurbier@biodata.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/02/2002 16:10:04
Setup:

A Client =
---<NetBSD>-----------<Firewall>---<otherVPN-Gateway>---<Server>

B Client ---<otherVPN-Gateway>--------+

C Client ---<otherVPN-Gateway>--------+

Client B and C are in conference...
Client A can only join, if interface is in promiscuous mode.
The tunnel is working, A can ping the server and also sees the =
conference,
but no Multicastpackets are going through the tunnel.
I=B4m using Mrouted delivered with NetBSD 1.5.2 for multicastrouting.

mrouted.conf:

phyint ex0 disable
phyint ex1
tunnel ex0 192.168.222.1
tunnel ex0 192.168.221.2
tunnel ex0 192.168.224.2
pruning on

It seems to be a routing problem, because Bs VPN is encrypting As =
Mcastpackets...