Subject: Re: promiscuous mode on ex1???
To: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/01/2002 09:56:53
On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 01:23:18PM +0200, Stefan Schumacher wrote:

 > As you could read in my former eMail, ALLMULTI is an ability of
 > the Ethernet driver, so your NIC needs to support it.

No, it's not an "ability" of the driver ... that is the MULTICAST flag.

	- MULTICAST: The interface is capable of receiving multicast
	  traffic.

	- ALLMULTI: The interface is currently configured to receive
	  all multicast traffic on the wire.  If this flag is not
	  set (it is only set by the driver, never by the user),
	  then the interface may be (usually is) configured to receive
	  one or more individual multicast addresses.