Subject: Restoring BSD partitions and disk-labels.
To: NetBSD help list <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gareth Fairey <gareth@fairey.org.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/31/2002 12:41:53
While rearranging the partitions on the hard disk of my home computer
under Linux, I did a stupid thing. My NetBSD disklabel was visible to
Linux, so I could access my NetBSD partitions there, but I managed to
inadvertantly create an ext2 filesystem on the root partition. I've
saved a copy of that partition elsewhere, where it is still visible,
whereas the disklabel is not now accessible at all.

Is there anything I can do to recover the data from that partition?
(That's my main concern as I'm happy to re-install)

Thanks in advance,
Gareth Fairey.