Subject: Re: Monitor resolution not supported
To: Peter Kozberski <pkoz@adam.com.au>
From: Joe Reed <jnr@po.cwru.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/30/2002 10:11:43
you will want ot tweak your /etc/X11/XF83Config file.

find and change the VertRefersh settting to 70 (or whatever you want).
VertRefersh 70

then you will want to find the screen section of your default monitor. and
modify the proper display section.  for example (assuming a 16bit color
depth)

Section "Screen"
  Identifier "My Screen"
  Device "Device_Configured_above"
  Monitor "Monitor_configured_above"
  DefaultDepth 16

  SubSection "Display"
    Depth 16
    Modes "720x400"
    ViewPort 0 0 #this settign should already be in
  EndSubSection
EndSection

you may also want to check out XFree86.org for more documentation on X.

--joe