Subject: Re: Mpeg Playback in NetBSD
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/30/2002 02:41:00
On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Michael G. Schabert wrote:
> I couldn't back a recommendation as "best" in NetBSD when it only
> runs on 2 architectures (i386 & powerpc). So, what's the best mpeg
> player for the rest of the platforms? Certainly I don't expect much
> of, say, the m68k platforms, but Alpha, MIPS and others should be
> allowed to crunch video with the i386ers :-).

BTW, anyone know why it's marked as ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM i386 and powerpc?
I got it to compile (and work :) on my alpha... I did have to get the
latest CVS ffmpeg libavcodec though (although I suspect a bit of
tweaking to the release source would've made it work. It was trying to
compile a file that had some MVI assembly instructions with -mcpu=ev56).
Perhaps the next release'll work out of the box and the package can
be updated...

Anyways, it seems pretty portable... their web site claims that sparc64
works too.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++