Subject: Success going from 1.5.3 to 1.6 [Was: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.3 to 1.6-BETA4]
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/29/2002 23:55:00
--=.)Iw1wH,tygbK6?

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:48:10 +0200
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:

Hi,

> Hum. It looks like cross-building from 1.5.3 is brocken :(
> You can upgrade using a 1.6_BETAx binary snapshot.

First of all, thanks, and thanks to Bill Siegmund as well for the reply.
I've found a way around. It's totally non-kosher, but it worked :-)

The two problems I was facing were: cksum and installboot. Both programs
complain at the tools building stage. What I've done is replace those
Makefiles with cat's one, and it worked. Those two commands are later
rebuilt so it's no biggie. I know it's a bit crap solution but it has
saved me installing a snaphost. Thanks and kudos to the NetBSD team for
making this wonderful OS :)

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net