Subject: Re: cvs update
To: D. Penev <dpenev@mail.bg>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/28/2002 16:05:20
On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 08:17:43PM +0000, D. Penev wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I try to update my pkgsrc directory several times without any succcess:-(
> To update ports I use cvs but at the same time of updating cvs abort with
> this error:
>
> root@earth:/usr# cvs update pkgsrc
> [snip]
> cvs server: Updating pkgsrc/textproc/ndtpd
> cvs server: Updating pkgsrc/textproc/ndtpd/files
> cvs server: Updating pkgsrc/textproc/ndtpd/patches
> anoncvs.netbsd.org: Connection refused
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)
>
> Any idea what's going on here, and why cvs server close connection?
>
> P.S. The machine is behind NAT/Firewall but I thing that the problem isn't
> this.

Are you using pserver or ssh ?
Maybe one of the CVS/Root files has a bad line. Try to force the cvsroot on
command line:
cvs -d $CVSROOT update pkgsrc
(BTW, you should really use cvs -d $CVSROOT update -dPA pkgsrc to remove
obsolete files/directories, and create new ones)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>