Subject: Re: 1.5.2 packages
To: Joseph Dunn <jdunn@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/24/2002 18:40:01
On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Joseph Dunn wrote:

> I just received a 2 cd installation set for NetBSD 1.5.2 today, only to
> discover that 1.5.3 has been released. I am trying to install pre-built
> packages, but I can't find any on ftp.netbsd.org. Am I looking in the
> wrong place, or have they been deleted in favor of exclusively offering
> 1.5.3 packages?

You probably were looking in the right place - all the 1.5, 1.5.2,
1.5.3 packages are in the 1.5 directory. The only things in the 1.5.2
directory are supposed to be packages that aren't compatible with the
other patch releases; everything else should be, so gets lumped in the
1.5 directory. As a matter of fact, if you have a CD with packages on
it, many of the packages on the server will be identical to ones on
the CD, so check before you download.

Frederick