Subject: Re: 1.5.2 packages
To: Joseph Dunn <jdunn@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/24/2002 16:30:26
--- Joseph Dunn <jdunn@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG> wrote:
> I just received a 2 cd installation set for NetBSD
> 1.5.2 today, only to
> discover that 1.5.3 has been released. I am trying
> to install pre-built
> packages, but I can't find any on ftp.netbsd.org. Am
> I looking in the
> wrong place, or have they been deleted in favor of
> exclusively offering
> 1.5.3 packages?

If you are talking about installing binary packages,
just use the 1.5 directory. They should work fine.
They didn't build much for 1.5.2 and I'm guessing
1.5.3 is thin as well. Dont' really need to if
everything is binary compatible with 1.5 though.

(I use sdf as well, neat machine huh? He's going to
run the big Alphas in SMP mode in the not too distant
future, I'm sure lots of NetBSD developers would be
interested in his results...)

Andy