Subject: Re: apm or clcs problem
To: None <njl@EastCoastEmail.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/24/2002 13:13:49
Nathan Langford <njl@EastCoastEmail.com> writes:
> I have netbsd-current running on my IBM a20m laptop, but the
> same thing happened occasionally with 1.5.2; sometimes when I
> wake up my laptop, I get a series of messages:
>
> clcs0: AC97 write fail (DCV!=0) for add=0x12 data=0x0808
> cs428x_src_wait: 0x0000000f
> [... this is repeated with different numbers.]

This bites me too, on my T20. There is a general problem with bugs in
that driver -- we're failing to properly reset the state on bootup and
on power transitions (and even when the device is opened and
closed). Most of the time the code works fine -- on very rare
occasions, it screws up horribly.

Perry