Subject: Re: Questions about Supported Hardware
To: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/23/2002 21:08:28
On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 10:17:12PM -0700, Andy R wrote:
> --- "Arthur W. Green" <goshawk@gmx.net> wrote:
> (I'll do my best here...)
>
> > -- Tyan Thunder K7 main board
> > (Supported in dual-processor mode under FreeBSD. Not
> > sure about NetBSD.)
>
> SMP supported in NetBSD 1.6, but I haven't tried to
> use it yet on my Abit BP6 (well, I tried once a while
> back but didn't have the patience to follow through).
> Your Tyan board should be supported in single
> processor mode until 1.6 comes out.

It's not supported out of the box, and won't be supported officially
for 1.6. There will be patches for SMP support.
However note that the machine doing daily snapshots of the 1.6 branch is
running with these patches for more than a month now, without problems.

> > -- Adaptec 3210S Two-channel RAID SCSI controller
> > (Supported under FreeBSD. Again, not sure about
> > NetBSD.)
>
> I haven't heard of an Adaptec scsi card that didn't
> work, but that's not much help, I know...

I don't see this adapter in the list of the aac driver. If it's I2O
compliant it should work with the iop driver, though.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>