Subject: Epson Perfection 1650 with NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: jehova villa martinez <thornadox@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/23/2002 09:22:31
Mr. J. Marin:

###on this date: 2002-06-29 01:12:50 PST--->you RE.###

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 11:31:49PM -0700, jehova wrote:
>anybody can tell me where can i get info about using my epson perfection
>1650 on netbsd? it is USB scanner, i don't know nothing
>about netbsd, currently i'm running freebsd but, i'm seriously
>thinking about switch to netbsd. any clue about USB scanners, somebody has
>succesfully running epson perfection 1650 on a
>netbsd box?

I have been using Epson Perfection 1650 with NetBSD and sane for
several months now without problems.

  -jm
#################end of your RE.##################

At last i have netbsd running on my box,  after some delays
i'm now working on building software that i need on it for
make my netbsd enviroment custom.

Thanks for let me know that you're  working with Epson
perfection 1650 usb scanner at netbsd, i make install
xsane from /usr/pkgsrc and build smooth , no problems,
but when i use find-sane-scanner i can't find it,  and
is clear that system works well (when i atach or detach
scanner it is reported on /var/log/messages at ugen0)
same dmesg reports that (if scanner is ON and atached)
it is a Epson scanner present.

how to configure it?( i'm  very novice on USB) i don't
know nothing besides works well for hot plugs.

my Netbsd release is: 1.5.2

thanks for replay, if  for any reason you couldn't help me,
feel freely to let me know :+)

you guys any sugestions about this?

--
Jehova.

Únase al mayor servicio mundial de correo electrónico:
http://www.hotmail.com/es