Subject: question regd NetBSD partition ID
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: radhika sinha <radsinha@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/22/2002 13:16:38
Hi,

I am new to NetBSD. I was trying to install NetBSD
version1.5.2 from the CD. My machine has two hard
drives with Freebsd installed on wd0. I have installed
NetBSD on the second drive wd1. The installation seems
to be successful, but I periodically see the following
warning when I boot up NetBSD:

Warning: Old BSD partition ID

I checked the sysid on both the disks using fdisk. On
the disk with FreeBSD it is 165 and on the second disk
with NetBSD it is 169, I think these are the correct
values. It would be great if someone could help me
figure out the problem and get rid of the warning.

Thanks and regards,
Radhika