Subject: Questions about Supported Hardware
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arthur W. Green <goshawk@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/22/2002 06:18:14
Dear NetBSD Help,
I am putting together a machine for a good friend of mine, who gave me a
pretty fair budget to work with. However, I have a few questions
regarding the compatibility of a few items, mainly because I hear some
conflicting reports with the ambiguous listings in the hardware support
page for the i386 port. Any information on any of these items would be
greatly appreciated.

-- Tyan Thunder K7 main board
(Supported in dual-processor mode under FreeBSD. Not sure about NetBSD.)

-- Adaptec 3210S Two-channel RAID SCSI controller
(Supported under FreeBSD. Again, not sure about NetBSD.)

-- Yamaha CRW3200 internal SCSI CD-RW drive
(Heard of a lot of problems with Yamaha CD-RW's, but nothing regarding
this particular item.)

Anything you can throw my way, would be greatly appreciated.

Very best wishes,
-- Art