Subject: Re: DVD movies.
To: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/21/2002 16:13:30
> That doesn't look good... one thing I had to do to get ogle to work on
> my machine was to bump the "SHMMAXPGS" option in my kernel config... I
> think I changed it from its default of 1024 to 8192. However, I'm pretty

I can try that, if need be.

> Also, try running the cli instead of the gui... the gui always crashes
> for me once I get to the DVD menu, and Peter Seebach mentioned that it

How do I do that?  Presently, I just run it, and it brings up a GUI for
me.

> BTW, does the patch to make ogle compile under NetBSD 1.5.x only work
> for ogle 0.8.2? The version in pkgsrc is up to 0.8.4, and I seem to

I don't know.  I'm using 0.8.2.nb2 or so.  But the patch is just a couple
of tweaks to the Makefile (one of which is to remove the ONLY_FOR_...
binding; (^&).

mplayer works so-so.  The audio seems to run ahead of the video, though
the video playback doesn't seem noticably low.  I'm going to try flipping
to a 24bpp display and see if that helps decoding (or if the extra bytes
just slow it down).