Subject: Re: DVD movies.
To: None <muc-lists-netbsd-help@moderators.muc.de>
From: Michael Core <520079546242-0001@t-online.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/20/2002 19:31:53
rauch@rice.edu (Richard Rauch) wrote:

> The system it would go in has an 800MHz Athlon, and I could use either
> PCIIDE or SCSI.  The videocard is a ~5-year old PCI S3Virge/GX (/DX?)
> with 4MB of RAM.  I could upgrade the video card if need be---but
> without DRI support, I've pretty much seen the video card as about as
> good as it's going to get.  (^&

ACK, no DRI => no reason to update. I own the DX-version which supports
YUV12, variable scaling. It even does (a little) anti-aliasing when
scaling so that even low resolution videos doesn't look too bad. These
features can be accessed by XVideo and mplayer works very fine with this
card.

--
Michael