Subject: Re: DVD movies.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: joerch <helix@mayn.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/20/2002 19:54:11
> Okay, can you please explain what "region 1", "region 2", and "region
> free" mean?  I'm searching a bit on google, but so far haven't turned up

the holy industry thought that there must be different countries then there
must be different moviedvd's.
if you have just one dvd movie readable in the whole world then there is
not enough profit.

the movie industry is just a bunch of .....

the took the world and divided it into different zones.
something like north america is zone 1 and europe plus country x is zone 2.

here are some urls about that:

http://www.opendvd.org/regioncode.php3
http://www.dvdinfo.com/region_codes.html
http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html

code free is viewable everywhere on this planet.

but there are new movie dvd that are not viewable on dvdplayers, which
are codefree ( in this case it means you can watch all regioncode dvds).

all i can say about this, the industry is lead by greed.

hope it was not too dramatically what i wrote ;)

--
gruesse

joerg "joerch" buechner

bis dann bis bald und danke fuer das unix

http://www.home.mayn.de/helix