Subject: Re: DVD movies.
To: None <jonl@yubyub.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/20/2002 12:06:55
> >> DVD drive model/revision.  I guess before I waste time and money on a DVD
> >> drive that may not work as-is, I need to first see if I can get FreeDOS to
> >> boot from CD.
>
> Also, note that if you're looking for region free, ogle will do this for you
> as well.  If you have a region 2 disc in the region 1 drive, the hardware

Okay, can you please explain what "region 1", "region 2", and "region
free" mean?  I'm searching a bit on google, but so far haven't turned up
anything that really explains this term.  Those of us who have been put
off touching DVD due to the shortsighted encryption used (even peecee
games gave up the copy protection arms race, didn't they?) may not know
what the various terms are.  (All I know about DVD's is that they are like
CD's but hold about 10 to 20 times the capacity, really.)