Subject: Re: DVD movies.
To: None <rh@netbsd.org>
From: None <jonl@yubyub.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/20/2002 11:20:15
> On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 00:42, Richard Rauch wrote:
>
>> DVD drive model/revision.  I guess before I waste time and money on a DVD
>> drive that may not work as-is, I need to first see if I can get FreeDOS to
>> boot from CD.

Also, note that if you're looking for region free, ogle will do this for you
as well.  If you have a region 2 disc in the region 1 drive, the hardware
doesn't prevent you from reading the data off the disc - it just won't give
you the keys to decode the .VOBs and such.  Of course, nasty nasty people have
done illegal things (thank goodness for such people) and using this dirty
code, ogle can find the necessary keys given a few seconds...minutes.
Someone must really buy those nasty nasty people a beer.

--
-Jon
 "As three unwavering bands of light, we were simple and separate and