Subject: Re: DVD movies.
To: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/20/2002 14:56:17
On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Eric Gillespie wrote:

> David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org> writes:
>
> > 	On the DVD topic - we've recently bought a pioneer DVD-RW
> > 	drive at work for archiving weblog data. I'm getting nicely
>
> Is this the "Superdrive"?  Can you burn DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-r, and
> CD-RW with it?  I really want one of these, but was afraid to buy
> it because i wasn't sure if it would work with NetBSD...  What i
> *really* want is to buy the Firewire variety, so i could use it
> with either my iBook or my desktop.  But there's still no sign of
> Firewire working in NetBSD.

	I don't know about the 'Superdrive', but its the Pioneer 104.
	We bought it from from SVP communications http://www.121cdr.co.uk/
	(Now at GPB199+VAT), and they have blank DVD-R and DVD-RW media
	from under a pound. We had the top couple on a spindle arrive
	scratched, but I was runnign test anyway so that didn't bother
	me :)

cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-104, MBEDC032115WL, 1.20> type 5 cdrom removable
cd0: 32-bit data port
cd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (Ultra/33)

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --