Subject: Re: cvs not updating?
To: Carlos A. Carnero Delgado <carnero@icrt.cu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/19/2002 23:18:33
On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado wrote:

> > ... All the action now is on netbsd-1-6 (and current).
>
> So, 1.5 will die and 1.6 take its place? What happens if I use -rnetbsd-1-6
> now? Does that branch exists? (I know that omitting -r will get me -current,
> but at this early time in my NetBSD experience I'd like to stay "stable" for
> a while.)

The resolution was to have two active branches at the same time, so by
that, it would be netbsd-1-4 that's due to close soon. In theory, all
three are currently open, but there has been very little activity on
netbsd-1-4 since NetBSD 1.4.3 was released.

Only you can say whether netbsd-1-6 (currently NetBSD-1.6_BETA4) is
stable enough for you. I've just started updating my i386's at home
and work from 1.5.2 and 1.5.3 to netbsd-1-6, but I'm running current
(1.6D) on a couple of mac68k's, and it's all pretty stable right now.
I predict that NetBSD 1.6 will be pretty compelling, and that most
users will upgrade soon after it becomes available.

Frederick